Droid Turbo will not connect to Windows
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I connect my Droid Turbo to my computer, or my laptop computer, nothing happens except charging.

I have 2 Droid Turbo phones, and neither will work.

I cannot transfer files.

It does not show up on my computer, and there is no USB connected icon on the drop down menu onscreen of the phone.

I see people say:

You can use the USB cable from the phone & plug it into the USB port on your computer. You would want to go to Settings>Storage> Menu (3 dots in upper right corner) USB Computer Connection.

When I go to Settings, Storage, there is no 3 dots or menu choices.

There USED to be and they both USED to have an ico asking me what I wanted to do, USB charging or transfer files... That no longer happens on multiple computer, either Droid Turbo I own.

I suspect an "update" stopped this, but just don't know...

Also, in my computer, Device manager, there is no 'conflicts', in fact NOTHING happens/changes when the Droid Turbo is plugged in, there is nothing about it anywhere in my Device Manager.

I just want to unload some pictures off my phone, I am at 30 or 32 MB and it is ridiculously slow now....

Thanks for any help...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo will not connect to Windows
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved it.

I got the other cord for the other droid turbo... and it worked just fine...

I guess I have a bad cord.

Turbo charge works fine...

Go figure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So you're using the original cable that came with the phones, following the instructions in the link, and there's no option in the Notification screen to change the USB mode?

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

Another option would be to back up your photos to Google Photos or Drive and then download from there to your computer (and it would provide yet another backup option).

0 Likes
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly.

Even in safe mode, nothing.

I have gone in and developer options, debugging is on, and select USB configuration is MTP.

Still nothing....

0 Likes
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android Version 6.0.1

Security patch Jan1, 2017

Config ver l15.MOT.XT1254.0

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Turbo was last updated March 1, 2017 (and it appears your phone is on the latest version), so it seems unlikely that's the issue if it was working before.

For what it's worth, the Turbo I have access to does not have the three dots/menu choice under Settings > Storage.  It does, however, work as noted in the above link for transferring files.

Seems you've already done what I'd suggest, i.e., use a different data cable, try a different port/computer.  If it were me, as noted earlier, I'd back up all my photos to Google Photos and then bring them over to my computer from there.

0 Likes
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solved it.

I got the other cord for the other droid turbo... and it worked just fine...

I guess I have a bad cord.

Turbo charge works fine...

Go figure.

0 Likes
JOHMAL7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, thats what I have been doing, but I wanted to solve this....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, it would bug me as well, especially with it happening to both your Turbos.  I'd thought you'd already tried both cables from what you'd posted earlier.  Glad that took care of it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, JOHMAL7.  I am really happy that our community member was able to help figure out what was happening to with your Droid Turbo. It is always nice when our customers help each other out. For more information with your Turbo, here's a link for the Droid turbo User guide that may be helpful. Have a great day!http://infomanagerdoc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Motorola/droidturbo_man...

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes