Droid Turbo won't send MMS after Marshmallow update
nick_odonnell

Just updated to Marshmallow two days ago. Now when I try to send either group messages or pictures, I get a warning saying they aren't sent and "Tap to try again". I get the same error using the stock messenger, Google Messenger and Google Hangouts as the SMS app. Oddly enough it seems like sometimes the message is received by whoever i send it to but still comes up as "not sent" in the app.

Any one else come across this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo won't send MMS after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nick.odonnell, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Have you powered your device off/on since updating the software on your phone? Are you connected to our Cellular Data network or Wi-Fi when you have this issue?

Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. We recommend that you delete all unwanted text messages, pictures/videos and applications. Power your device off/on and connect to our data network. Send a picture message and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nick_odonnell

Hello,

This happens when I am on the 4G network, regardless of Wi-Fi connectivity.

I have restarted my phone multiple times since the update and have ~30GB of

free space on the internal storage (I have the 64GB version). I still have

the same issues.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you taking some steps to clear this up. I send several group messages per day, therefore I can understand how vital it is to get this working for you.

Just to be clear, are you using the original Droid Turbo?

Are you receiving any MMS messages?

Which messaging app are you using?

This is also a great tool to use http://spr.ly/65858PmX1 when troubleshooting your device at home.

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nick_odonnell

Yes this is the original droid turbo. I do receive MMS messages, the only

issue is with sending them. I have been using the google messenger app but

i get the same issue with the stock messenger as well as using google

hangouts as the messenger

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:29 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nick, thank you for reaching out to us today. We will continue working on getting your messaging issues resolved. Since this started after a software update it is possible that the software might have caused your app preferences to need resetting. We recommend resetting your app preferences first. Go to Settings > Apps > Top Right click on three dots > Reset App preferences.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes