Droid Zap disappeared.
Embree
Enthusiast - Level 2

after upgraging to Marshmallow droid Zap disappeared. is this typical?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Zap disappeared.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola might removed support for it if the stock Android OS had a similar way to complete the same function.

Can you check to see if the application is still available in the Play Store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

While the app itself was discontinued along with other Moto apps/features a while back, it is available here Droid Zap by Motorola - Android Apps on Google Play

It was a simple way to transfer files, much like Android Beam and other GPS/NFC/Bluetooth means and could use a local WiFi network to transfer, much like SuperBeam did years before. SuperBeam | WiFi Direct Share - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Embree
Enthusiast - Level 2

The App won't download to the phone and Android Beam won't work either.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you try another app similar to Zap, like SuperBeam and it won't download, install, or work...you may have settings issues in your Share and Connect area in the phone's settings menu.  If all options are correctly chosen and you still cannot "beam", even with the settings turned on to do so, you may have a hardware/software issue that might require factory resetting to resolve.

0 Likes
Embree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I'll give it a try later this evening.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the NFC setting turned on? That might be a reason why it isn't working.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Embree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Unfortunately yes, the NFC was turned on both devices.

0 Likes