Droid razor maxx update caused huge battery life issues
scottshaffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated my droid razor maxx to kitkat 4.4. The update went smoothly and the phone seems to be working well. BUT, the battery life is awful. I lost 75% in 3hrs. my phone used to have great battery life and now it's basically unusable.

does anybody have this issue or know how to fix it.

thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid razor maxx update caused huge battery life issues
scottshaffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Thanks for  the reply.

I followed some advice on another thread... I changed the preferred network type to LTE/CDMA. I also think some of the battery life drain was caused by connecting and disconnecting from a wireless network I was near.

My phone battery has been fine in the past 2 days. Hopefully it continues that way, otherwise I'll come back here.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your device back in prime condition! Since the update may I ask if the device has been tested in Safe Mode? This help ensure that an app isn't causing an issue with your newly updated device. http://vz.to/1lO87Lh

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scottshaffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Thanks for  the reply.

I followed some advice on another thread... I changed the preferred network type to LTE/CDMA. I also think some of the battery life drain was caused by connecting and disconnecting from a wireless network I was near.

My phone battery has been fine in the past 2 days. Hopefully it continues that way, otherwise I'll come back here.

Thanks.

0 Likes