Droid razr m camera won't flip from rear to front
creekul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help...My camera will only let me take selfies, the option to flip the camera is there but greyed out ... any way to fix this?  Anyone else have this issue? 

Labels (2)
Re: Droid razr m camera won't flip from rear to front
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi creekul1, Let's make sure you can capture the sights of the world! Did this start after installing or updating any applications on the device? Try clearing the cache of the camera application. Go to Settings>Apps>All>Camera>Clear cache and/or data. Please keep me updated on the status!

Thank you,

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
creekul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi... I tried the steps you gave and it still didn't work.  So I thought may be it needed to shut down and start up..turned phone off and back on, still doesn't work.   😞   I've not added any applications recently.  I did have an application on my phone that I deleted just awhile ago (I honestly don't know when,  it was not too long before this stopped working).   It was for quick share of pictures but I never used it so I uninstalled it. I need to ask my sister what it was as it's no longer on the phone, sigh.

0 Likes
creekul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi... my sister responded to  my text...the application I 'uninstalled'  (seriously I'd never used it) was Snapchat.   Not sure if that matters or if that info will help to fix my camera problems. d. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details and the effort you put in, creekul1. I believe that the next best step would be to complete a master reset. Please select the link and follow the instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=63967 Let me know if this resolves your issue. Have a great day.

Chauncey_VZW

0 Likes
creekul1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the master reset, still does not work.  sigh.

0 Likes
hammfamvt

I have the same problem that started two days ago. I did not install or remove any apps. Many apps have had updates in the past few days.

0 Likes
Rainbowlicious12

Hey, I had the same problem (and i JUST got my phone). I had to uninstall snapchat, clear the cache of all my apps that i have used and the camera, then I turned my phone off then back on. Let me know if it helps!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Razr M owners I don't if you have seen it or Not but there is a Maintenance Update that you should be getting Soon here is what posted have a Look.. Razr M Update 98.16.3 To be out Soon!  Then go to Settings scroll all the way up to About phone> Tap it on the very Top of the next page it should say System Updates see if your phone will take the Update as it might be out b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@B33,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help our fellow community members and keeping them informed of the recent update. I really appreciate it.

John_VZW