Droid razr maxx won't send or receive picture messages
bethielynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my phone on 1/19/14 when prompted and everything seemed fine until today when I discovered I can't send or receive picture messages. When attempting to send, my text app (I use the default app) acts like it's sending the message but it never shows up in the conversation and the person I'm sending it to never receives it. When they send me a picture, I get a download failure notification and eventually have to reject the download. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times as well as holding the power key and volume down key (which I was told to use for a previous problem months ago which worked), and deleted some messages and killed all other running apps but nothing is working.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid razr maxx won't send or receive picture messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you are sending/receiving picture texts, do you have mobile data on and wi-fi off?

0 Likes
bethielynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my phone connected to WiFi but I also tried it turning off the WiFi and just using 4G. Neither worked.

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

Try force stopping the text messaging application. Go to system settings, apps, scroll to all, and select the text app. Select "force stop" and then select "clear data"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bethielynn, I want to make sure your picture messages are working. In order to successfully send and receive picture messages you must be connected to the data network. Are you able to send a picture message to yourself from your phone? Please keep us updated.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jasfaa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the Jellybean update the phone has been junk.  A lot of things no longer work as they used to.  The text messaging while on Wifi thing seems to be Verizon trying to force you to use a Wifi when available which would be great but it blocks you from sending a text message until you turn off the wifi or restart your phone sometimes.  The darn thing just locks up.  I am glad to see its not just me.  I also deleted all unnecessary apps since the phone cannot seem to handle multiple functions.  This did not work either.  

Other complaints are slow start up times, not able to make calls when dowloading data, coming off of airplane mode when landing is a joke.  10 minutes before you are able to make a call or use your phone because the phone just cannot seem to handle all of that data transfer.  Again, since Jellybean.  This will be my last Motorola. 

jlbtravis

Will that clear out all stored text?

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

No it will not

0 Likes
shellabelle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue...cannot send or receive picture messages.  I also cannot receive group messages.  This is very frustrating...there are many text messages I am missing.  I am not getting an error message - I have no way of knowing I am missing a message...people think I am just not responding to them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you missing a message, shellabelle. What happens when you send a picture message or group message? Are you using any apps like Verizon Messages or the original text program on the phone? Is your mobile data turned on?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes