Droid stopped sending e-mail-live chat lost calendar
Gardener222

My old droid when new had the same problem first couple weeks no problem sending email then spent about 40 hours boomeranging between comcast & verizon before fixed to send e-mail. Tonight the same problem, 3 hours live chat, lost everything, got everything back but calendar finally-cant get it to sync to comcast & not goggle. Told 72 hours for a supervisor to get back. Before, It was the port  & security problem and getting the correct settings.  I am charging up my old droid to see if I can compare notes.

While frustrated with the techs, it only makes sense for the techs to specialize and not be generalists for all the different devices

Cant find handout on new droid

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid stopped sending e-mail-live chat lost calendar
Gardener222

what is the ice cream sandwich fix?? while on the live chat my droid did 85 updates and took several minutes

0 Likes
Re: Droid stopped sending e-mail-live chat lost calendar
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Gardener222,

Emails are still one of the most popular means of communication in the wireless world! From sending virtual birthday cards to retail coupons to Excel spreadsheets, emails play a critical role in both our personal and professional lives! Thank you for providing your email provider in your original posting. I have posted the steps on how to setup the Comcast email on the device.

Menu > Settings > Accounts > Add Account.

Also, I have noted the incoming and outgoing server information to manually setup your Comcast email account on your Droid Razr Maxx. Keep in mind that these settings may vary depending on your geographical location and =/or if you are subscribed to any premium email services. Please see below:

Incoming Server
Android settings:
mail.comcast.net
port: 995
security: SSL on

Outgoing Server
Android settings:
smtp.comcast.net
port: 465
security: SSL on

NOTE: Required SMTP Authentication

The process can take up to 5 minutes to communicate with Comcast email servers. Keep in mind that since the outgoing server settings has to be accurate in order to send emails using Comcast servers. If you are still experiencing issues sending emails then another work around is to replace Comcast outgoing server settings with your Gmail account server settings. Of course, I have this info noted below as well.

Gmail Outgoing Server
smtp.gmail.com
port 465

Once you have tried the steps above then please reply with your findings, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes