Droid turbo 2 charging issues
Bmm1983

Hey all,

Got a Droid turbo 2 a few months back and recently I've had issues with the turbo charger not working.  I've left it charge overnight and it will say 100% in the morning but when I unplug it it drops to the level it was the night before (usually around 52%). Then on top of that normal charging cables barely work,  I had it plugged in literally 8 hours yesterday at work and it barely moved above 53% which is the level it was at when I woke up.  I'm seriously suspecting a battery issue here,  yet the device health option didn't reveal any problems with the battery.  I've seen other people having this problem on the dt2's,  but has there been a fix?  I've done two normal reboots,  and one hard reboot and still having the same issue.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid turbo 2 charging issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the phone saying is using the battery? Have you tried wireless charging if you have that available?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jobyamen
Enthusiast - Level 2

its a hardware issue. many of us are having the same problem. many phones have gotten significantly worse since the Marshmallow update, where many phones don't charge at all now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to get your Turbo 2 charging issues resolved once and for all Bmm1983. May I ask have you tried the steps that Ann154 suggested? Can we assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on either the device or the charger? When did the issue start happening?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
firehawkc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a droid turbo 2 with the same issues, no water damage, just does not want  to charge and when on the turbo charger can only get it to turbo charge every now and again.