Droid turbo 2 did not install 2nd half of update
mistlecane77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was thrilled to have received the notification to update to Marshmallow.   The first part went OK but the second did not.  It says the second part is deferred. I tried using software update assistant but it keeps giving error messages.  Please help!

Labels (2)
Re: Droid turbo 2 did not install 2nd half of update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
mistlecane77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many of the marshmallow features are showing up but i still see a notification that the second part of the upgrade was deferred.  Is the vertical scrolling drawer/ list of icons supposed to be present in the new update?  I don't see that at all.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Make sure you have a Really Good Reception..  A reception that is Low can sometimes hender an update.. Make sure no apps are running it might be good to also run a System Cache Clear to help the update..

0 Likes
johnhc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Must be nice. I've been trying both through the phones checking of an update and through Verizon's SUA. Every time I get the same answer " your phone is up to date " which of course we all know is bogus. and the excuse that they don't want to overload the servers is wrong, I mean millions of customers use the servers for data anyways every day so that doesn't fly, and when you use the computer to check it shouldn't over tax the cell servers.... Just getting old for them to continually drag their feet in issuing these updates....Seriously thinking of jumping to another carrier and getting a Nexus... This is not Motorola's fault - they have released the software it's all Verizon and the bloat add that they do to all software on their phones... Smiley Sad

rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be careful what you say about their precious bloatware...

Verizon sent me a email asking me to review my new Droid Turbo 2 phone so I wrote a nice long and positive review. The only con I said was the phone had too much bloatware installed.

Well they refused to publish my review.

I guess the truth hurts and they are unwilling to publish a honest review or actually listen to their customers thoughts.

Papa_n_Lola
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi is ideal.

0 Likes
Papa_n_Lola
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACTLY!.....well-put.

0 Likes