Droid turbo can't make or receive calls
Ecordell11

So I activated my Verizon service today. Everything went great phone works perfect. I can use data. But I can't call anyone. I've turned off roaming to deny all. I've turned the phone off and even waited a while then turned back on. I've logged into my account.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid turbo can't make or receive calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess it is possible that the SIM card wasn't fully reactivated. It couldn't hurt to get a new SIM card from a corporate store just they are free.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back in business with great call service, Ecordell11. What exactly happens when you attempt to make a call? Is data working off of WiFi? Where are you located?
leK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ort
If my response answered your question please click the ect er� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ecordell11

Data works perfect I can do everything with it. But it won't let me make

any calls receive calls. Text or receive texts. WiFi works on my phone to.

I'm located in Aberdeen idaho. 83210. Service here works perfect. I've

previously had a phone through Verizon and it worked perfect here.

On Nov 24, 2015 8:25 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ecordell11,
We want to ensure you can start enjoying your services right away. When starting your account, did you port your number over from another carrier? If yes, did you get any text stating that the port was completed?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ecordell11

I got this number new from the Verizon setup process.

Phone number removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the network mode setting to verify it was on LTE/CDMA mode? Did you activate the phone using the SIM card from your previous Verizon Wireless phone if you were on VZW prior to this phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ecordell11

It was on global but I changed it to lte/CDMA and turned off the phone and

turned it back on. And the sim card I'm using was from my previous account

but I reactivated the card setting up a whole new account and getting a

whole new number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess it is possible that the SIM card wasn't fully reactivated. It couldn't hurt to get a new SIM card from a corporate store just they are free.

0 Likes
Ecordell11

That's what I was thinking. But do you think it might not be fully

activated because I activated my service later in the day? As in after

business hours?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ecordell11

We absolutely want to get this device working properly for you. When you log into your online account, does it correctly show your device? Have you tried a full factory reset to force an activation?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes