E-mail application crashing when sending attachments
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have configured the default e-mail app on my phone with the settings for my ISP (TWC). This morning, I tried sending a 2MB picture as an attachment to my work e-mail. Immediately after hitting send, the e-mail app crashed. I tried two or three more times, each with the same result. I ended up having to use a different e-mail app to send the message.

When I came home from work, I tried to send the attachment again. Same result. I then tried with progressively smaller attachments, and still got the same result. I tried sending an e-mail to myself with an attachment, but the e-mail app crashed. It is now apparent that regardless of where the message is sent and what size file attachment there is, the e-mail app will crash.

I'd rather not have to remove the e-mail app and set it back up with the server settings again. I've had many Android phones over the years, and have never encountered this issue. I would like to think that this is some new bug that would hopefully be corrected with the Lollipop update....That is if it ever comes to the Motorola Droid Maxx.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-mail application crashing when sending attachments
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
c_brookhar,

Sorry to hear that you are having some troubles with those email attachments. Have you been able to send attachments with another email account from the device? When attempting to send are you using WiFi or cellular data? If you are able to send attachments from another account, it may be best to remove the email account and re-add it back to the device. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50017/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
c_brookhar,

Sorry to hear that you are having some troubles with those email attachments. Have you been able to send attachments with another email account from the device? When attempting to send are you using WiFi or cellular data? If you are able to send attachments from another account, it may be best to remove the email account and re-add it back to the device. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50017/

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I mentioned, I really don't want to have to remove and re-add the account.

I can send attachments when using mobile data. When I connect to Wi-Fi, the email app crashes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your skepticism about removing the account Charlie! At this time the next recommended troubleshooting step is to remove the account, power your phone off and on, then add the account again and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes