CherylY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Droid Razr M and I have not been able to receive any emails on it in the last 3 days. I sync it and still not receiving any emails. I know I am getting them since I can check them on my computer. What can I do to get it working again??????????????????????

Labels (2)
Re: E-mail
marinemom10

I would love to see some answers to this; We have 2 samsung galaxy note II that aren't getting emails; C'mon Verizon; you're the most expensive service, how about being the Best Working Service?

Get a customer service rep on here and explain why it's happening, and how to fix it on our own !

0 Likes
Not applicable

I will answer this for both of you.

Your email is from your own individual isp's not Verizon Wireless. Go to your ISP and look up the proper SMTP and POP email settings. There are different settings for most mobile devices that differ from your computers email program. In example if you go and get the Outlook or Yahoo mail apps as stand alone you need to just enter your user name and password to access the mail. You as in any email app or program must go into settings and tell it to sync how much, when and to either leave on your email server or remove from the server, your sounds, your signature or no signature to use etc.

Verizon wireless is not responsible to either of you for delivering your email.

Good Luck

0 Likes
marinemom10

Hey Elector; No offense, but this is sort of a garbage answer.

I keep getting server error issues that tell me that my email address and password don't match ( funny, they've worked just fine on my computer every day)....and over and over again this is happening..on both my phone and my husband's phone too.

I know how to add emails to the phones. I'm not devoid of knowledge. This is an ongoing problem for more than a week now.

I need better assistance than this! And Yes, If I'm paying you for a service you're not providing, it IS YOUR FAULT i'm not getting it.  Wow.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

marinemom10 wrote:

Hey Elector; No offense, but this is sort of a garbage answer.

I keep getting server error issues that tell me that my email address and password don't match ( funny, they've worked just fine on my computer every day)....and over and over again this is happening..on both my phone and my husband's phone too.

I know how to add emails to the phones. I'm not devoid of knowledge. This is an ongoing problem for more than a week now.

I need better assistance than this! And Yes, If I'm paying you for a service you're not providing, it IS YOUR FAULT i'm not getting it.  Wow.

The email settings for the computer are often different from what is used for mobile. It also isn't Elector's fault it isn't working. They are another customer just like you. Some ISPs are notorious for changing their mobile server settings every six months or so. Yahoo is one example. Customers either use the dedicated app for Yahoo email or remove and re-add the account whenever the settings "break".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

First I don't work for verizon, so it is not my fault. As Ann has stated to you and as I told you, go to your ISP and under their help pages get the proper POP3 and SMTP settings for your MOBILE devices. Ann is correct that many times the settings are different for mobile versus PC's or MAC's

Not insulting your tech savvy just go and do as I said, or don't. The intelligence quotient has to factor in here.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning CherylY,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are currently experiencing with the e-mails on your device. Is this a corporate or personal e-mail account? Have you attempted to delete the account from your device, then re-add it?

Click here for steps on how to remove the e-mail account http://vz.to/1929uA9 Click here for steps to re-add http://vz.to/1gKx75e Let us know if this helps?

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marinemom10, we are here to help! We want to make sure you are able to stay connected on the go with your emails. What type of email account is causing the trouble? Have you recently changed anything on the email account i.e. username or password? If so, lets try to remove/re-add the account by http://vz.to/1fMsTXG and http://vz.to/1cGIGDp

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

marinemom10

Hey Ashley, Thanks, and no, haven't changed a thing. These things didn't work. Can you personal message/email me?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Follow the links to troubleshoot the mail issue in Verizon's reply.

I take it you never followed my advice? Oh well.....

Good Luck

0 Likes