Re: EMAIL ISSUE
OVBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sent a test message to my wife's PC which is a Win 7 OS and uses Live Mail.

All apostrophes went through as typed.

Very interesting issue now. Looks like the problem is with Outlook and

Outlook Express. I'll try sending to an Apple machine in the morning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, OVBill!

I'm sorry to learn the HTML code is appearing in these emails you send. I am looking further into this. I would like to know a little more information if possible. Does this happen if you send an email from Comcast only or other email account as well? Have you seen any trends like who you send to (ie Comcast to Comcast; Comcast to Gmail) etc? Please keep me posted so I can assist further!

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OVBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi AdamE,

I just sent an email containing won't, can't, don't to my comcast.net address from my Razr Maxx using my gmail account. The message was received without error on my PC. Hope this helps. As I previously mentoned my PC is a Windows 7 machine using Outlook Express. I've sent same message to a Blackberry, a Windows 7 PC using Windows Live Mail and a MAC without issue. A PC on Windows 7 and Outlook received the HTML code.

OVBill

0 Likes
OVBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi again AdamE,

I just sent a second test to my PC from my Droid Razr Maxx.

I sent Won't, don't can't and then Don:t, can"t won;t.  This is what came through. Interesting to see that it appears only the apostrophe is affected.

Won't, don't can't. Don:t can"t won;t

OVBill

0 Likes
OVBill
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi AdamE,

I'm sending this with a few apostrophes as another test. Won't Can't Don't

OVBill

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
metallaura

I'm having the same problem and it is causing me considerable amounts of distress as it is straining professional relationships!!! Verizon fix asap!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When i done the Test but i have Yahoo mine took a few min. to push through but the Message Came soundly with no Changes..

0 Likes
rstewart76

Having this problem as well and seemed to have gotten worse after last upgrade. Any fix on the horizon? Very embarrasing and annoying as use my Droid for corporate correspondence.

0 Likes
jsim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue.

For what it's worth, I normally send from my droid on a comcast.net email acount, however I have also tried sending on a gmail.com account, and I still get the weird characters.  My latest email today had the following:

women's:  women's

can't:         can't
What's:     What's
don't:         don't

Verizon- PLEASE FIX- this is really annoying eveyone I send emails to!

0 Likes
rstewart76

I downloaded and installed a new e-mail app, Droidmail, fixed the problem. Easy to install and works like a champ! Guess this is an issue with default e-mail client and nobody cares.

0 Likes