Email after update
Timothyc32

Cannot get my email to work after update - must I delete and add new account all over again?? Anyone else having this problem??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email after update
B33
Legend

Is this Gmail of Yahoo ?  You'll probably need to Clear the Cache Partition Do you Know How?

Here is the Instructions on Clearing of the Cache Partition

Top  Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
    Note Use Volume keys to navigate options.
  7. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
    Note Data wipe may take several moments.
  8. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
  9. Refer to Initial Activation and Setu
0 Likes
Timothyc32

I had to delete and re-enter accounts. Strange new look, not sure I'm too thrilled. They were work, comcast, and a hotmail account - thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if you got it To Work Tim that all that Count's They will Look & Feel Different Because of I.C.S..b33

0 Likes
Timothyc32

What is ICS anyway - when I turned on the phone this am, just asked for an update - I just said yes without knowing - can I go back, or is it too late?

0 Likes
Timothyc32

Also, if I reboot, will I lose all contacts, pictures, emails, texts, etc.?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tim it's Ice Cream Sandwich it's the New OS out for the Razr's & Razr Maxx's it's 4.0.4 and doing a Clearing of the Cache Partition you Won't Loose anything. it just clears up your Files. Take a Look at These two Links that i Provided Here

Re: Tips On How TO USE I.C.S ON RAZR / RAZR MAXX

Here is the Manual for the Razr Razr Maxx With Ice Cream Sandwich..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/452158/1340835216/redirect/1/filename/RAZ...

Here is the Getting Started Guide in PDF AS i mentioned you can do the Same as with the Full Manual.. Ya all Enjoy! 

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/452162/1340835590/redirect/1/filename/RAZ...

0 Likes
llam

I updated 3 days ago and now am not getting emails on my droid.  It's not a connection problem as my wifi is working for home, etc. 

Did you get an answer to your problem like this that you could understand/ were able to use?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several threads on this forum about e-mail issues after the Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean operating system updates.  You can do a search for them if you are interested, but basically, some folks are having to set their e-mail accounts up under 'Other' accounts (rather than using, say, the Yahoo set-up), use the associated e-mail app from Google Play (such as Yahoo Mail), or use a different e-mail client like K-9 (also available from Google Play).

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?  Often after an operating system update, it is beneficial to do a system cache clear; it shouldn't erase any of your data.  The instructions are a few posts up, but basically, it's:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes