Email not working since ICS Upgrade!
JTinNepa

Can anyone help...  Support wants me to do a factory reset, i want to avoid it if i can!

Ever since the upgrade my email doesn't work. When i click on the email app and it launches is shows i have no emails set up. When i try adding them again it says the email account already exists!  Any ideas?

Thanks,

JT

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email not working since ICS Upgrade!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have already tried to remove the account from the phone?

You could try clearing the data for the email application. Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to email and select it. Press the clear data button.

You'll have to set up all your email accounts again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMRACKER

Same here.  When I delete the email account and re install it, all new emails come in but that is where it ends.  Tech support said it is a known issue and they are working on it.  I just, literally, finished the factory reset and it did not do any good.  I installed K9 mail as a back up until the  problem is fixed. 

0 Likes
JTinNepa

Good to know AMRACKER. I can't even see my accounts to delete!

0 Likes
JTinNepa

Ann154. Thanks....I went to try that before even calling support.  The button for this is grayed out even though it shows i ha 92.0 of data there.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The email information might be under a different application. Email storage perhaps. I don't have a Razr to check.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMRACKER

Obviously this is wide spread, I hope that they resolve this quickly.  I use my phone for business and rely on emails all the time.  I had a BB for 7 years with hardly no problems, just got the Razr Maxx 2 weeks ago and looking like a mistake.  We shall see.  The Tech support agent was really nice and helpful, thumbs up to Verizon for that one. 

0 Likes
CTRaider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what type of email you are referring to. This may help: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/836812#836812

0 Likes