Oh geez, how frustrating and annoying! I just went into my AOL app, and mine, so far is still alive and running. Knock on wood it keeps working, cause I don't care to do another reset again
Hoping whatever the issue is on VZ's end, that they find a remedy and fix the issue....quickly!
This isn't a pretty fix to contemplate but if all else fails . . .from droidforums:
1) you have to do the "factory default reset" to remove all the accounts currently associated with the phone
2) when the phone reboots - set up your primary "google" acct. as prompted by the instructions (this is the google acct associated with the phone; provides contacts, calendar, email, etc.) (do not add any additional accounts at this time)
3) make sure sync is turned on for e-mail in this account - under the "my accts" settings. you will now have access to your "primary gmail" by use of the "gmail app" (this is the email app that actually says gmail underneath it).
4) go into apps
5) select "my accounts"
6) at the bottom of the screen select "add account"
7) select "email accounts" as the type of account to set up - when you do this you will get a msg that says that a gmail account has been detected. it will show your "primary google" account name and will prompt you to enter your password. DO NOT ENTER YOUR PASSWORD!!!!!
😎 skroll to the bottom of the page and select "delete existing and start new account"
9) you will then be prompted to select the email account type
10) choose whichever acct you are attempting to set up and proceed as prompted by the phone.
This method will allow you to operate multiple accounts without any problems. You will access your "primary gmail" with the "gmail" application and other accounts with the "email" application with the "@" symbol over the envelope.
However the issue you will find is that your primary "gmail" will not be detected in any of the messaging applications or wizards which means you cannot get your gmail acct to appear in your universal mailbox or any other apps.
Best of luck. hope this helps.
PS - the techs i spoke with at motorola felt this issue would be resolved when "ICS" is pushed to your phone. but who knows if that will actually happen or not.
I found a bandaid until the true problem is sorted out that doesnt require a factory reset!
Go to accounts - add accounts - email accounts - other.
add whatever account you use (mine being yahoo) and create it there. synced right up only under the generic mail icon.
My phone finally gave me this problem today. I just deleted my Gmail and Yahoo accounts and may wait until a fix is in the works. I may also give this last band a try as I like my email all in one app rather than going to three different apps.
Well basically the Droid 4: Except for the Keyboard is on the Exact same Platform as the Razr / Razr Maxx
To see some neat Views of each Phone Click on these Links: it's kind of Neat.b33