Erratic performance with Google Play and Chrome
KamalaManring
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google Play pops up and opens to random application and game download pages. Chrome sometimes pops open to various web pages but usually some "Facebook" page telling me that I've won something. I keep my Security and Protection updated regularly as well as perform daily scans of every app and data item on my phone. I've even subscribed to premium Avast Secure Line and Security and Antivirus. Every scan comes up clean. I've noticed several other odd things through out my phone too. I've got 0kb files, next scheduled scan dates that have already passed, and some random Remote application that popped up on my home screen that I know I NEVER installed! Yeah, maybe I'm paranoid but it really seems odd.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Erratic performance with Google Play and Chrome
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KamalaManring,

I understand your concern regarding the pop ups and the odd behavior of the phone. I would be concerned as well. How long has this been going on? Did you do an update to the phone? Update to any apps or download any new apps? Please keep us posted.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone does this as well as long as my boyfriends. We haven't downloaded anything new. Its so annoying and I am being told I have to factory reset my phone... Ive tried multiple security SAFE apps. Ive checked all my apps and everything and it still does it. I think its linked to Chrome... these are 2 of the pop upserror.pngerror2.png

0 Likes
kyblue63

Same thing on my galaxy s6. Chrome also stops randomly.

0 Likes
KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've done a lot of research and I've tried a lot of stuff to stop it. I cleared out my cookies and cache for google chrome and then I went into my settings > Applications > Application Manager > Google Play Store. I then disabled the play store and cleared its cache and since then I have had no pop up or anything. Its only been a few hours but I have text, surfed web and been on facebook with no pop ups.. Might be worth a shot to try it. Im hoping that solves our problem.

0 Likes