Explain to me.
tdm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone explain to me what is really going on. I have the Razor Maxx. I did the ICS update. I am not a genius when it comes to smartphones. Since the update, I cannot watch HBO Go, Crackle ,or Watch ESPN. Each of these app reviews are loaded with complaints, blaming them for not being compatible with the update. These forums put the blame on Verizon and Motorala. Who's to blame and what will happen next? Thanks.

Labels (2)
Re: Explain to me.
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

thankfully my razr maxx needs me to click on the install button which i have not done, which delays the install and keeps the phone asking me again in 24 hours if i wish to install the update... do i believe i will do it anytime in the future. the reason being is that so far from everything i've seen on the verizon forums(i haven't really checked the motorola ones in a while), the results seem to be mixed. maybe when they work out all of the kinks in it, i'll consider it, till then, it's just one little touch a day lol

0 Likes
budone
Legend

When a new OS update comes out, it takes time for developers to get their current app to work with the new OS.

I am getting updates everyday for different apps arhat state the update is for ICS

B33
Legend

I'm seeing this as Well since i updated  budone  to I.C.S..and with jelly bean there will be more to come..

mls3331 this is what i have done on my first Maxx i tap to put off the Update..i wonder though in the Back of my mind how long i should continue putting it off

Wildman
Legend

The applications have to update for the OS not reverse, if the OS stayed with the code of out of date software there wouldn't ever be need for a update.

B33
Legend

Thank ya sir for the Explanation.!

0 Likes
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

i do not care one bit what either of you do. it is my phone and i will set it up to the best of my ability the way i wish it to be!!! i've spent a lot of time and energy getting it to where im happy with how it serves MY purposes!!!.

the statement i was trying to make for ALL to see, is that no one forced anyone to install the update, regardless of how difficult motorola/verizon makes it for u not to do.

i am not here to get into to technical debates with either of you, because from what i've read this past month or so, you both have probably forgotten more than i know!!!  a nice day to allSmiley Happy

Wildman
Legend

I am a little confused on who you was directing the post to because from what I see from the users responses, none of them appears to be instructing anyone what to do with their device, all statements appear to be simple answers to the OP question.

If you took the post personally I do not believe that was their intention.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

To answer the original question here. With ICS the default browser changed to Chrome. Chrome does NOT support Flash so none of your flash movies or videos will work anymore unless you download and install a third party browser that still supports Flash.

Dolphin is an extremely good browser and still supports Flash (unless they did an update in the last week and removed Flash support)

Skyfire also supports Flash and is very fast in other searches as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skyfire.browser&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwy...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You actually have a good point, all the applications that the OP stated is flash based in one way or the other and since ICS really doesn't play well with flash the possibility is great that this is the nature of their issues.. 

I have got so accustom of flash being on my devices I forget about it being a factor.

The only issue with this is that since Abode has turned its back on Mobile Flash and switching to Adobe Air users may notice issues like this more and more with apps that is flash based and doesn't run through a browser....   Only time will tell.

0 Likes