Extended travel in Europe
jbmckim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be traveling for an extended time in Europe.  I hope to pre-pay a small amount for international calling in case of emergencies only.  The rest of the time, I want to use internet calling to respond to messges if necessary. 

My phone is a Moto g6 purchased from Verizon so I do have internet calling.  How do I set up to be able to internet call, block incoming texts and calls (i.e. not incur the European travel charge)?

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extended travel in Europe
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Airplane mode. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Extended travel in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbmckim, an extended trip in Europe sounds amazing. To ensure you are not billed for international services you need to keep the Airplane Mode Setting on your phone On at all times like Ann154 suggested. With the Airplane Mode setting On you can connect to any Wi-Fi network.

You can make calls using Wi-Fi Calling, but you will need to set it up while you are in the U.S.

Take a look at item 1 under the Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use section of the Wi-Fi Calling FAQs. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Please let us know if this information was helpful. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes