Facebook sync problems with Droid Maxx?
mcx3rbm

I purchased my Droid Maxx yesterday and am having problems with the facebook pics showing up on my contact list.  I have synced facebook successfully.  When I go to contacts and choose which contacts to display, the facebook contact list is empty???? Any suggestions???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook sync problems with Droid Maxx?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great choice mcx3rbm! Lets make sure your sync is turned-on. Click on the menu button for the phone, not the menu button for Facebook. Click on the Settings button. Click on Sync Photos.  Click on sync my photos & contacts. Back out of there and go to Contacts to see if photos appear. You may need to go into individual contacts in your address book to remove the pictures if they all sync.

Here is how to link the contacts:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/66373

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BlueGator

Hi Lena, I'm having the same issue as the original poster, and I'm having trouble following your solution.  The Droid Maxx doesn't have a menu button, so I'm not sure where to access the Sync Photos option.

I did go into the phone settings and clicked Facebook under the Accounts heading.  The option to sync contacts is checked and has been synced recently.  However, it doesn't seem to be working.  I went to People, Settings, Contacts to display, Facebook, and no contacts show up.  The phone says it has synced contacts, but it doesn't look like Facebook contacts are actually synced.

Please advise how to fix this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The menu button is the three vertical dots on the screen often in the header of the app. It is called the overflow menu when it is displayed as the three vertical dots. The full online user manual should have discussed it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BlueGator

Thank you for your response, Ann.  I realize the menu button is typically three vertical dots, but Lena mentioned in her solution to "Click on the menu button for the phone, not the menu button for Facebook."  I'm not sure which menu button she's referring to.  I've tried every menu button I can find that may be related to this issue, but I can't seem to find an option for me to "Sync Photos."

0 Likes
sroutte

Hi Lena,

I am also having the same problem with my new Droid Maxx.  I have added new FB contacts since I got the phone and they are not coming over at all.  The Sync Now goes through the motions with success, but no data is coming over.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for going through those steps,BlueGator.
Are you using the Facebook app that came preinstalled on the phone?
Can you go to People>Menu>Contacts to Display>Facebook (is that selected).

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BlueGator

I do not believe the Facebook app was preinstalled.  I seem to remember installing it myself, and it shows up under downloaded apps if I go to the apps menu in the phone's settings.  If I go to Contacts to Display, I have All Contacts selected.  If I select just Facebook contacts, then the list is empty.

0 Likes
rodney_1218
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact problem.  Only FB contact on my phone is "Me":

Please advise

Thanks,

Rodney

0 Likes
rodney_1218
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact problem.  Only FB contact on my phone is "Me":

Please advise

Thanks,

Rodney