Re: Facebook sync problems with Droid Maxx?
tinkfu

I, too, am having the same issue. I've wiped the phone, made sure 'all contacts' is checked in the people settings, made sure sync Contacts is checked in app settings, added/removed FB account, uninstalled/reinstalled FB app, cleared app cache, contacted FB, etc... Can't get them to sync for the life of me. I even tried a couple of third party apps (Sync.me & Haxsync), but there are hundreds of  'contact conflicts'. *Due to my profession as a DJ, I have ~3,000 friends on my FB. I don't have the time to resolve every single conflict. It's starting to get really frustrating!! I rely heavily on the FB contacts sync feature. And to have it not working is really putting a damper on things 😕

Please help us!!!!

#firstworldproblems

0 Likes
watson4life

I am having the same issue as well and went with sync.me.  It also still didn't sync all my contacts with their facebook accounts.  So I am still not happy.  I don't think we should have to use a 3rd party to fix something that should be rather easy and no issue with all the other droids I have had in the past.  I hope a patch can be created and applied soon.

0 Likes
TCD1

I got my new Droid Maxx yesterday as well, and same problem.  I know all the tricks and nothing is working.  It's not a FB issue, it's a Droid issue. 

I appreciate any help, thanks.

0 Likes
firehawk74

Go to the play store and purchase "SyncMe."   I was having the same problem..however, this app worked great for me!!

0 Likes
tinkfu

A few of us have tried a couple of third party apps (Sync.me & Haxsync), but there are hundreds of  'contact conflicts'. Hopefully we can get an update to fix the issue soon Smiley Sad

0 Likes
tinkfu

Bueller?

0 Likes
CarolynMaimone
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, Here it is October 14th and I see no resolution to this issue yet.  I have tried all the above (before I found this post) and nothing is working.  This is a HUGE issue as many of the people I correspond with I only have contact info through Facebook.  It is not always an option to open them in FB and write down their info.  Please fix this!!   I am not going to install another app to fix an obvious BUG between Droid Maxx and FB.   That should not be the solution.  It has been a month...  What is the hold up??

0 Likes
CarolynMaimone
Enthusiast - Level 2

When the Facebook App is installed it does not ask you to sync.  You have to go into the Accounts area and tell it to sync.  Even after doing so (and clearing cache and data) my almost 1500 Contacts are still not showing up on my phone.  This is a huge issue.  And since users are all seeing the same problem and it was duplicated in a store with a sample phone, can we just agree that it is a bug and get to fixing it??  Its been a problem for over a month now.  This is a HUGE issue for me and installing another app to fix it it not a viable solution in my opinion.  HELP! 

CarolynMaimone
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not prompt you to sync ...

CarolynMaimone
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are a ton of us with the same problem.  When will this be fixed, it is obviously a bug.

0 Likes