Front Camera Not available
LGPS

Droid Maxx XT1080 - Front Camera stopped working months ago after error messages appeared.

Updates don't fix-it- clearing/ reinstalling doesn't fix-it. It hasn't been dropped, bumped, or physically broken.

NOBODY has ever responded with a solution to this same problem with their XT 1080.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Front Camera Not available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LGPS,

We appreciate all the steps that you have taken and definitely want to ensure you have a working and reliable device. The purpose of technical support is to troubleshoot and identify issues pertaining to your device and what options may be available based on the results of our troubleshooting. To be sure, has the device been reset to factory settings with the same results? If not, please try resetting the device and testing. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83492/.

If a hard reset does not resolve the issue we will know that software would not be the root of the issue and that there would be a hardware problem. With this we would look for options for replacement. Indeed insurance may be an option, but that would only be if the device had any physical or water damage. If within the 1 year manufacturers warranty or you would pay monthly for the extended warranty and if free of damage, it can be replaced through this warranty at no cost to you. From the sound of the price of your insurance feature you may indeed have the extended warranty and you can confirm that by logging into your My Verizon account online http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you snapping again, LGPS! To confirm, is this the front facing camera for selfies? What were the error messages seen? What application have you cleared/reinstalled to troubleshoot?
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LGPS

It would just read "error-camera not responding (or available) try again later"

It is not the selfie camera, it is the normal one. It is just gone. The selfie camera works with no option to turn it around. and of course you cannot access the panoramic option although it is there. I've tried downloading other cameras, and it still doesn't work. Very, Very Frustrating.  There is no reason for this. I didnt do anything to the phone. It did not get damaged!!!

0 Likes
LGPS

So I get a response from a "moderator" because of an accidental double posting which I couldn't erase... but NOTHING from Tech Support???

That has been par for the course in my experience with Verizon. Time to switch carriers!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LGPS, we want to give this the attention you deserve. Is your phone up-to-date on the software? http://spr.ly/6583BbsuD Have you reset the app preferences? Settings/App Manager/All/Select the 3 dots and the "Reset the App Preferences"
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
LGPS

Although you gave me the link to a "razor maxx" I found the correct one for my droid maxx 1080xt and, yes it is current with no available updates. I also spent 45 minutes using the Verizon Repair assistant and that did not restore or re-install my camera. So I am now to assume that this is a "freak" incident with no solution and now I have to purchase a new phone, or at least pay an unnecessary $100 deductible to get the same kind of refurbished phone through assurion that I've paid $10/month for the last 2 years making that $340 for probably another defective phone. What is the point in tech support?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LGPS,

We appreciate all the steps that you have taken and definitely want to ensure you have a working and reliable device. The purpose of technical support is to troubleshoot and identify issues pertaining to your device and what options may be available based on the results of our troubleshooting. To be sure, has the device been reset to factory settings with the same results? If not, please try resetting the device and testing. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83492/.

If a hard reset does not resolve the issue we will know that software would not be the root of the issue and that there would be a hardware problem. With this we would look for options for replacement. Indeed insurance may be an option, but that would only be if the device had any physical or water damage. If within the 1 year manufacturers warranty or you would pay monthly for the extended warranty and if free of damage, it can be replaced through this warranty at no cost to you. From the sound of the price of your insurance feature you may indeed have the extended warranty and you can confirm that by logging into your My Verizon account online http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
LGPS

Thank You Adam G for your time and consideration into this matter.

I did a Verizon Assistant repair and nothing. I did a hard reset and lost a lot of info and did not get the camera working. (Selfie yes/ normal camera no.) the funny thing is that when it stopped working, the selfie camera was fine with no option to turn it to the back camera and some of the camera options were "greyed out" or inaccessible, yet still appeared in the options wheel on the left. I believe wholeheartedly this is a software/app issue or internal problem not due to physical damage. Physical damage would not allow everything else to work fine and this option just disappear.  Anyway, I had the phone replaced by assurion as I have paid two years insurance on it regardless of what happens to it.  They said it had to be physically damaged to be replaced.  So....guess what?  That is exactly how I returned it.  Anyway, thanks again!!!!!  We love our phones, We love our service, we appreciated your time!!!

0 Likes