I'm having a "searching for GPS" issue that has been discussed in various places on the web.
I have the following:
1. Motorola Droid RAZR on Verizon2. Android 4.1.2 and Google Maps version 6.14.43. I cannot get a GPS Fix on any apps using the GPS, including Google Maps and Naviation.4. All I have to do is open up any app that uses the GPS
I even tried a Factory Data Reset. That didn't fix the issue.
I read that it could be a SIM card issue. Can I get that replaced for free?
I just got the new version of Google Maps (v. 7). I was hoping that would correct my problem with getting a GPS fix. It has not.
So far I tried the following:
1) Toggling the GPS on and off
2) Clearing the cache
3) Uninstalling Maps
4) Removing SIM
5) Removing SD Card
6) Installing various GPS apps
7) Doing a factory device reset
😎 And various combinations of the above
I have only the following options:
1) Try a new SIM card (Free)
2) Get a refurb (seems like a waste of money)
3) Get a brand new phone at full price (a greater waste of money)
4) Switch to a new carrier (will incur early termination fee but will be cheaper than 3
Any other suggestions?
> 6) Installing various GPS apps
By this do you mean that you have tried various GPS and sensor test programs from the Google Playstore? If so what do they tell you about your GPS and sensor(s)? If these test programs will not work or indicate a non-working sensor/receiver, then you probably have a hardware problem.
I didn't want to hear that because that means I really only have 4 options.
1) Live with it since I am out of warranty
2) Buy a brand new phone at list price (Too expensive)
3) Buy refurb (seems like a waste since I would get another phone in 9 months)
4) Switch carrier (would have to determine if earlier termination fee is too high.
Or I could try (which I will) to get a new SIM card.