Google Now not working on Razr MAXX
RyanTodd256

I was not actively looking for an update for my MAXX... but when my phone notified me that there was an update available I allowed the update to run. That was 3 days ago.

Ever since the update, whenever I use the search feature I am forced to go through the process of the Google Now trying to connect. It ALWAYS fails. Then I can search in a less straightforward then before type of search tool.

I am unable to opt out of the Google Now feature... so, I have tried to set it up to work, I have tried many things (adjusting privacy settings, enabling history and location settings, ect) and I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have searched and so far have not found anyone else with this problem. If anyone else has encountered this and were able to find a resolution, Please Help ME!

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Google Now not working on Razr MAXX
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Best I can recommend is backup contacts, settings, apps, etc. and do a wipe data/factory reset.

0 Likes
Re: Google Now not working on Razr MAXX
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RyanTodd256,

I'm sorry that the update has your phone not working properly. The Google Now feature is very convenient and we want you to be able to utilize it. Do you have any issues with regular data connection? You can try to clear the cache and data off of the blue google app in settings>apps>all apps>google search>clear cache and data. You can also try to run the phone on safe mode to see if it works in that platform. If not working after that, then we do suggest to process a factory reset once backing up your information. Please keep us updated on the status of this issue.

TonyG

0 Likes