Google Play Music 6 Month Offer
sub

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Motorola Droid Maxx and have received texts and emails about the advertized 6 months free of Google play music subscription service. I was already a subscriber to Google play music and cannot find any way to redeem the offer.  The texts I receive from Verizon only say to go to www.vzw.com/music - which takes you nowhere useful. There was no fine print in the online advertizements that said this offer was limited to new subscribers only. Since my Maxx purchase, I have already been billed for the next month of play music - so it is not automatic. The savings from the offer influenced my purchase decision so I am not very happy that it has not been communicated.

How can I redeem this offer?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Play Music 6 Month Offer
CAD8033

same situation for me, i bought a Droid Maxx a few days ago but am already paying the Play Music subscription.  i got an auto text from VZ today reminding me about this promotion.  i called VZ and the rep told me this is a Google promotion, they were just notifying me about it.  since this is not billed through VZ but through our google wallet account, have to ask google instead.

so here's what i did.  log into your google wallet account and click on Help (upper right of screen).  fill in your data and you'll get an auto call from google.  i'm currently on hold for a good 15 mins and counting... hopefully if i can get a rep to answer they will tell me i just won't be billed the $8.53 for the next 6 months.  we'll see.

0 Likes
sub

Find out anything? I'm going to try this tomorrow if it worked out for you..

0 Likes
droid_does_life
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are already a paying subscriber to Google Play Music All Access, you are ineligible for the 6-month offer. Which is stupid, I know. Try calling Verizon (not Google support) and asking a rep if they'll find a way to dock the subscription fee for 6 months to honor the Droid lineup Google Play Music All Access promotion. Verizon is always pretty good about satisfying the customer, and I've resolved TONS of issues by just calling *611 and asking nicely.

If you get someone who is not helpful or doesn't seem to know how to resolve your issue, just call back. You'll usually never wait on hold long at all, and the reps are pretty willing to help. I'm sure Verizon can afford to get rid of the $9.99 monthly fee for 6 months.

0 Likes
YOLOYOJO

Was simple for me (no, I was not a prior subscriber).  Go to https://play.google.com/music/.  Sign-up. Was that easy. Cost showed it was $0.00 before I purchased. (Already had an account with Google.)

0 Likes
BLiZZ6425

Has this worked for anyone? I'm in the same boat.

0 Likes
Szientific

OK, i found something that worked.

I recently got a droid maxx and also received a text message from verizon telling me i had 6 free months coming, but i couldnt find any way to redeem. the link in the text message just sent me to the play store/google music app download. I already had google music installed. also I had, just days before, signed up for the free intro to music unlimited. I tried to unsubscribe, but the unsubscribe before next billing period also took me to the play store.

What finally worked was to switch accounts on my google music app. i switched to my spam gmail account that had not been associated with music yet. after that when i went into the app/settings/try it free, the Verizon 6 month offer was right there waiting. Lovely!

I hope this helps some folks. I was going to be quite pissed if i couldnt get the free 6 months.

0 Likes
dmstr82u

This still works years later. I just bought a Nexus 6 and had the same problem and used your method and I am good to go.

0 Likes