Google camera won't record video
youvegottobekidding
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating to 4.4.4 and installing Google Camera phone won't record video; still camera works properly.  Pressing the "record" icon has not affect.  The native camera, that previously recorded, now displays "Not able to start video capture" after a momentary flash "recording" when the record icon is tapped.  Even after uninstalling Google Camera the native video continues to not be able to record. Reboots or safe mode have no affect.  A hard reboot does not resolve the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google camera won't record video
brockargenta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Confirmed. Go in to Settings, Language and Input, Voice search, OK Google and make sure its turned off. Video works again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try running a System Cache Clear.. see if that Helps..   Here the Link From Motorola..

Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes
youvegottobekidding
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work. No change.

Looking at the date of the kernel it seems the problem started with the update to 4.4.4, the Google Camera was working prior to that.  The timing may just be coincidental.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup Good ol Kit Kat.. show it's mean ol Claws..

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@youvegottobekidding,

Thanks for trying that! I definitely understand the importance of having a working phone. The camera is a very important function on the device, especially to capture those special moments.

Did this start right after the software update? Run the phone in safe mode and see if this helps http://vz.to/1lGpmhM. Keep us posted if the issue continues.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FatherLujan
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what's the fix for the camera. Safe mode just take all my apps away

0 Likes
ASUDDETH

I'm having the same issue. I followed your link to go to safe mode, recorded a short video in safe mode and then tried to record another and got the same message. "Not able to capture video". This just started with the kitkat update.

0 Likes
bigtross215
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix it by turning off handsfree voice in Google now.

brockargenta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Confirmed. Go in to Settings, Language and Input, Voice search, OK Google and make sure its turned off. Video works again.

0 Likes
tstrick

bigtross215 and brockargenta -- yep, that fixes it. But it's very frustrating! I have to turn off one feature to make another feature work. This was not a problem before the Kit Kat update.

VERIZON - is a real fix on the way?

0 Likes