Google is now Apple but worse.......this update sucks
DCRT08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I watched a friend suffer with the KitKat update and I refuse to upgrade my phone. Verizon needs to step up and get Google to allow this update to be rolled back. Period. I didn't ask for it and I don't want it. I can also see that Google is rapidly ruining what was good about Motorola phones (more on that below).

Google has become Apple because now they limit the phone to how they want it used. The benefit of Android was user flexibility and that is gone. Google is worse than Apple because at least while Apple limits what you can do, most of the time at least their upgrades don't trash your phone.

My wife and I went to the Verizon store to replace her iPhone with a MotoX, or at least I thought that was what we were going to do. Google in it's infinite wisdom has "Apple-ized" Motorola phones. Google in it's infinite wisdom is removing the ability to use an SD card with it's phones. Not only do we use the memory and are not interested in paying for cloud storage (which won't work for what I do anyway), it's again locking us in a user cage the way Google wants things done...just like Apple. I like music and use lossless compression for music files because MP3s, Pandora and all those similar have terrible sound quality...plus I want to listen to what I want to listen to when I want to listen to it. For those who've never heard anything else try listening to a CD or Vinyl through a good system or lossless files on your phone with good headphones and you'll instantly hear the difference. It's like removing cotton balls from your ears.

As mentioned elsewhere in the posts, Google has managed to hose up some of the best attributes of a Motorola phone with one being stellar connectivity for calls and other interfaces. It's scary to think that this is the same company that thinks self-driving cars is what's best for all of us. Take your new ideas and self driving cars straight to the trash can and just give us what Android started out being which is an OS to be used how users want to use it.

Labels (2)