Great phone BUT! To much Google...
jetjoe

My present phone is a Razr Maxx HD and I love it. My wife uses the "M" and is totally happy with it. Motorola always have produced great phones and I intend to continue to use them. However, I am really getting fed up with the behind the scenes functions. A phone is a personal item. The least Google could do is default all of the backups to off. With Google+, Verizon BUA, Circle of friends, Picasa and God know which others, I am afraid to take a picture these days not knowing where it may end up. The one App I did enjoy, Motocast apparently rubbed Verizon wrong and it disappeared from the new phone. My phone directory looks different every day depending which "backup" chooses to update and I end up with numerous copies of everyone's listings.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Great phone BUT! To much Google...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You did choose to buy an Android phone which is manufactured by Motorola (owned by Google) and running an operating system designed by Google.

As for the duplicates in the Contacts app, it is best to use either Verizon BUA or Google contacts and not both.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Great phone BUT! To much Google...
jetjoe

Actually no I didn't buy this phone. The insurance company couldn't replace my original Razr, (you know, the pre Google era model) so happily they sent me this one. Yes I bought Motorola and I will again. I know Motorola is now regrettably owned by Google. Your intended insight is well known by everyone so I can only take it as sarcasm.

I have owned Motorola products since they came with vacuum tubes. Something you most likely are too young to know about. They have always produced superior products and I doubt if Google will ever improve the quality.

I realize it is best to use one and not both backup methods. Which is what I was complaining about in the first place. The new phone came with all of this turned on by default leaving the user to search and muddle through the endless deep corners of the operating system to disable. The first thing this phone wanted to do was backup all 1047 pictures on my sim card to BUA. All while setting in the car using Verizon data. Luckily I caught it at picture 47. Google did it again that night but this time on Wi Fi.

Again, I have few issues with Google products. I have a problem when they do things on their own without letting the customer know. I bought and paid for my phone. It does not belong to Google and Verizon, (nor the NSA) to do with as they please. I thought perhaps mistakenly, that this site was a place to let them know. If so, Verizon, please give me back my Motocast.

Believe it or not, and other than that, I am a happy Motorola and Verizon customer and have been for quite some time.

0 Likes