Group texting
ebrooks

I have set up a group. I would like to send a text to everyone in said group but cant figure out how to do it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Group texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ebrooks,

Group messaging is waves of fun! To send a group message go to your messages, select the sign and choose your group. Once you have selected your group you can send your message to create a group conversation. Let's us know if this helps.

-KarenC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ejwales113

I have just switched over from an Iphone where I used group text frequently.  I have been unable to do so on my MAXX.

I downloaded the Verizon messaging app in hopes that this would fix the problem...still haven't figured it out.  Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejwales113,

After you select to add a contact to your message, do you not see the option to look for a group? It will take you to your contact list, but at the top you should be able to change from contacts to groups. If you are not seeing this option, please let us know what you are seeing, so we can resolve this for you!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ejwales113

Michelle,

Thank you for the email. I spoke with one of you associates this past Monday through the online chat support. She determined that because my previous phone was an IPhone, it is still recognizing my texts as IMessages to those recipients who are using IPhones. She assisted me in unregistering my phone from Apple, and thinks this should have resolved the problem.

However, I tried to group text today, and it is still not working. I could use some help here, being as though group texting is something I use frequently.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ejwales113, we appreciate the effort and being proactive. I wish there was a way we could see the images you have attached, but filters are blocking those images for us to view. To setup group messages, you would click the messaging application, in the "Enter Recipient Section" add a contact and you should be able to have the option to enter more than one. It will automatically revert to group messages window or give you the option to send individual messages to each. My best suggestion is to take the device to a store location to get a hands on walk through to enable the group messages if the steps aren't working. Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes