Has anyone lost the sound while using the Bluetooth
florida1960

I have recentlay lost the ability to hear any phone conversation while connecting through Bluetooth. Both in my car and with a regular bluetooth earpiece the phone indicates that it is paired with the device but when making a call there is no sound. Has anyone experieinced this? I have a RAZR M just purcahed in December 2012.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone lost the sound while using the Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Florida1960,

I am sad to hear about the problems you are having with your Razr M. Bluetooth is a very important function nowadays.  Let's get this fixed for you.  Have you tried to delete the profiles for the paired devices? When you go to Bluetooth you will see your devices listed, press and hold them then delete.  I would also recommend powering the phone off and then on after deleting them.  If the problem still persists, please send us a private message with your number so we can reach out to you. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

BobbyS_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
whbrittain

I am having the same problems.  Whenever I connect to a Bluetooth receiver  my phone turns the media volume all the way down.  Today I was watching my phone and when it connected to my car a message popped up for a few seconds saying that the volume was turned down to protect my hearing.  Hopefully Verizon has a fix for this.  I have tried two different apps to control the volume settings but the OS still takes control.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just on Hunch have you Uninstalled Google's Play App and then disabled the Updates Try doing that and then Perform a Power Cycle and see if it Restores the Volume back to what it was..

0 Likes
whbrittain

I have Google Play app disabled for some months now. It can't handle my music collection.  I have been using Poweramp instead.  I am look to find which app is giving me the message about protecting my hearing and then turning down the media volume.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It could be the Built in player you might check that)  On my Razr's i have the setting on the built in player all off that's for the Speaker and the for the Headset i use EQ App for my music and since Gingerbread OS EQ has said to disable the internal player so that's what i'v done and have had now issues so far..

0 Likes
whbrittain

I found the problem.  In the 4.1.2 Android update is an app called AcousticWarning.  It is evidently required by the EU nations, but not in the US.  Even though this is a US phone Verizon didn't turn it off.  It runs as a system tool at startup and anytime you start an app that outputs through either the headphone jack or bluetooth automatically turns the volume down a bunch and posts a warning on the screen.  I use Blutooth so I had never seen this warning as my phone is in my pocket.  I suspect that you would have to root your phone to turn it off.  Really sucks.  It is also dangerous as it requires you to mess with your phone when you should be driving.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum.. Well that's  Stinker  but Glad you found it & thanks for posting Back.. Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Mss2

Thanks for posting this solution, my issue is now solved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mss2,

Woo Hoo! I am so excited to hear that your issue has been resolved. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes