Help: Lost keyboard for Messaging and email apps - only have voice texting now.
JD3456

This morning my new Droid MAXX worked perfectly for texting, Gmail, and another email app. After updating apps, my Messaging, Verizon Messaging, Gmail, and other email apps have no keyboard to enter text with.  There is only the "Speak Now" option.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help: Lost keyboard for Messaging and email apps - only have voice texting now.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Settings > Language and Input and see which keyboards are set as default.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Help: Lost keyboard for Messaging and email apps - only have voice texting now.
JD3456

Tried that. No keyboard option other than moto Chinese.  Seems that my default keyboard app is gone and I can't download it.  I was told that I'd have to factory reset my phone to try to get it back.  I doubt that will work unless all the default apps are automatically downloaded with a factory reset 😞   Besides, after having downloaded numerous apps and configuring them, I'm not going to re-do all that unless there is no other option.  I've downloaded an alternate keyboard app for now, from google play.

Thanks for responding though.

0 Likes
KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset returns your phone to factory condition completely.  You will get your stock keyboard back.  If needed make sure you sync your google account with everything you want synced checked.  IE email. contacts, pics.  Then after reset sync google again.  You will have to install all play store apps again which are easy to find in the Play Store under "My Apps"  I have a rooted DNA and done this many times.  It is not as hard as you might think.  Probably download pics on computer just in case.  After factory reset make sure your wifi is on if your plan is data sensitive.  However the Kit Kat date is rumoured to be this week.  The update might apply a stock keyboard. ???

0 Likes