Help moving ringtone file from music to ringtones list
fry16

i just got a new Droid Maxx phone and would like to change to my old ringtone, which was sent to the music files instead of ringtones.  I need to know how to access the music files to move it.

My old Droid 4 had a files page, but I don't know how to access music on the new Maxx other than in PlayMusic

thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help moving ringtone file from music to ringtones list
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there isn't a file explorer app already installed on your phone, you should download one from the Play Store. I personally like ES File Explorer, but I know there are many other ones out there.

Once you have a file explorer installed, you will need to locate the music file you want to move. That might be a challenge unless you know where it was saved. Once located, you will move or copy it to the "ringtones" folder for phone call tones or the "notifications" folder for text and email message notifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fry16

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

0 Likes
Not applicable

On many android phones go to the Music folder. Not Google Play Music app, hard press on the song. The option to set as a ring tone is displayed.

Under settings sounds, you can also select the music you want to use as a ringtone. Also in contacts there is normally a section for ringtone just in case you want to use your save music from the device as a separate ringtone for that contact.

Good Luck

0 Likes