Horrible Reception Issues
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having serious reception issues.  I have been a customer for many years, and I've had no less than 10 Motorola phones.  I have always had good reception too -- that is until recently.  I can't even move a foot to the right or left without dropping a call or the person on the other end telling me they can't hear me.  I also cannot hear them at times.  Additionally, I am experiencing problems everywhere.  Not just at home.  I'm in zip code 44001.

Nothing I have done has helped.  Here is a short list of things I have tried so far:

-- I created a support ticket for my 30 day old Motorola G Power, and they sent me a new phone.

-- I reactivated an older G6 phone. 

-- I have turned wifi on and off.

-- I have changed the preferred network in settings to Global and to LTE/CDMA.

-- I have rebooted numerous times.

-- I did a factory reset.

-- I've used harsh language.

I am very close to leaving Verizon.  This is my last ditch effort before I do so.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Re: Horrible Reception Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdh-ohio, we certainly don't want to see you leave and we appreciate your efforts to resolve your service issues. I'd be happy to help. May I ask if your replacement phone was sent by Motorola or Verizon? When setting up the replacement phone, did you migrate any previous cloud content or settings? For troubleshooting purposes, we ask that you set up replacement phones as new in order to rule out the possibility that no settings are being carried over from the previous device that are causing your service issues.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset and that made no difference.  Since my initial post, I have activated another older phone.  That makes 4 phones that I have tried, and they all have the same issue.  Call reception is unacceptable.  I just got off the phone, and I could not move more that 2 feet without the other person saying they were losing me.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't move 2 feet.  My daughter, who is also with Verizon, is having trouble with her phone in my home as well.  As I said before, I had many years of good call quality from my home.  I am not in a rural area.  Also, I am also having reception issues regardless of where I am in the county.  This has to be an antenna issue.  Either way, I'm done.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
jdh-ohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention, Motorola sent me the replacement phone, and I had the same call quality issues before migrating any apps.

0 Likes