HotSpot Fails to HOld Connection - Jelly Bean not worth beans and they know it
LGGC

Verizon has no idea how to fix any Jelly Bean issue and merely connects you to Motorola technican or tells you to call Motorola.  I pay my bill to Verizon and expect them to fix the issues.  They need to get on this with Motorola and not expect each customer to call Motorola.  Verizon and Motorola need to roll back to the previous version and let people get on with their lives instead of spending hours on the phone with Verizon and still not getting a resolution.  Read the attached for our experience with Verizon Customer Service and a Corporate Store in Winchester VA.  Really bad experience!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HotSpot Fails to HOld Connection - Jelly Bean not worth beans and they know it
EB_

LGGC,

I really feel for you as I've been through this situation many times over the past few years, most often with Motorola products.  The current Razr Maxx is the last straw of Motorola product, as I've had a lifetime's fill of the sewage they continue to spew out and don't give a damn about.  I've also received the exact same weak answers / responses you've been given and have made the same stink in a store only to have to store's nitwhit / heavy get off his fat ass and give the evil stare towards the door.

The unfortunate part is I haven't found anything that can be done about it.  You're one of X million poor saps that bought into the hype (me too, my day job is computers & communications and know way more about the stuff than the people in the average store) and with the now over the past year'ish 'halved' trial period on a new phone from 30 days to two weeks, reliability issues don't always show themselves.  On the Hotspot issue on the Razr Maxx with ICS, I regularly saw after about 200 - 250 hours of run time on the given boot / reboot that the hotspot would take a crap and not work without another reboot.  What you would see (and I've read many others having this problem too) is the Hotspot starting up and within a second it shuts itself off.  So far on the JellY Bean download I'm on 215 hours and it's still working.  I'm not holding my breath though that anyone really gives a damn about reliability, it's all about features!!!  Who cares if anything actually works!!  All the so called technicians can tell you to do is reboot, reset to factory defaults.   What the hell does that do to fix the problem?  Not a damn thing, it just gets you off the phone with them.  Maybe they were sleeping in grade school when the Ely Whitney story of his cotton gin and interchangeable parts was being taught (if it even is anymore).  They (Verizon, Motorola, et al) all claim mental ignorance of this that if the hardware, or more often the software, is broke, that sending a new one is somehow going to fix the problem!!  Hey, why not actually fix the damn software and make a reliable product instead of continuing to spew like a sewage plant?  My next phone $s are going to Samsung.

Dave

0 Likes