How can I listen to music I just put on my SD card from my PC?
Packardlover

Oy, I am in dire need to know how to get my music I just put on my SD card that I just took out of my phone, put it in my Windows computer and downloaded a bunch of cds. Now I can see them on my phone but I cannot click on it to play???? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! I am longing for the 20th century again. Please, how can I access my music files I just put on my SD CARD!??Smiley Sad

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How can I listen to music I just put on my SD card from my PC?
Snn5
Legend

Did you rip the CDs in Windows Media Player?  Did they rip in WMA or MP3 format?  That might be the issue.

0 Likes
Philipc714

Do you have a Droid Maxx 2?  Original Droid Maxx does not support expandable memory. If you have original Maxx, (model XT1080) use USB cable to transfer music from PC directly to phone, make sure music is in MP3 format.
If you don't have Maxx2, i'm curious where you installed to SD card.

0 Likes
Packardlover

I have the Maxx2 and my question to you is how do I make a cd into MP3

format on my computer? I have to use a player like media player from

Microsoft... how can I save it as a mp3? I also used my adapter wire but

the phone is very, I mean very confusing. The class did not do anything for

they all think I know how to use it and I don't. I am not happy with this

choice I made, but I need it if I want to be "connected" to my job, kids

and life any more. I didn't think this would help either and it did not. It

took an hour the other night and Karen was a big help but she couldn't

figure it out either.

That is why in the 20th century, when we used our brains to figure things

out instead of computers, we could get answers. Now, if you cannot find it

on the computer, it either doesn't exist, nobody thinks its true, or the

response is it is not real and made up. I will just use it as a phone,

messenger and a tape recorder.

Thank you and have a great day!

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Charleysdad <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you start to burn a CD using Windows Media Player, on the far right-hand side at the top of the screen, click on Burn Options, then tap More Burn Options.  In the pop-up box, tap the Rip Music tab, then use the drop-down under Format and select MP3.  Tap Apply and then OK.

If you already have the music files in .wma format on your SD card but the phone isn't recognizing them (not all phones recognize/play .wma files), you can use another music player from the Play Store that supports those files, like  Poweramp Music Player (Trial) - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Philipc714

Easy solution.  Like Tikibar1 said, not all phones will play WMA format files.  So rip in MP3 format.  Windows Media Player lets you select different formats in rip settings. Set MP3 as your default. How you set the default  will depend on which version of Media Player you have.   You could reformat  music files on the SD card with a reformatting program. Windows must be able recognize the SD card as a removable drive in your PC to do it that way.  I use Switch Sound File Converter, found free version on web, easy to use, works well.  You may wind up with both WMA and MP3 versions of the same file on the card.

When your phone is connected to the PC by USB cable, windows sees it like another hard drive with the same type file structure as your PC. Take your time and just work thru it.

0 Likes