How can I send text messages to a group?
bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cant find an option to send a text message to a group that I have created in my contacts...either via the standard messaging app or with the Verizon messaging app.  Does that mean that neither of these apps have that capability?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I send text messages to a group?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I create a group in my contacts, (the default phone contacts) and then start typing the name of the group into Verizon Messages, it pulls up the group.  I can then select all in the group, or only some ... and then text that group or selected ones.

The group is created in the phone's contact list....

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely odd, bwoolard. Let's help make sure you are able to send these texts to these groups. To begin, what type of contact is this group saved through? Is it as a standard phone contact that may be saved via Backup Assistant, or saved as a Google backup contact?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I create a group in my contacts, (the default phone contacts) and then start typing the name of the group into Verizon Messages, it pulls up the group.  I can then select all in the group, or only some ... and then text that group or selected ones.

The group is created in the phone's contact list....

bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a group that was created in my Hotmail account that was synced to my phone when I set up that account. I can see the group in my contacts but have no option to send a text message to any of the groups. I have checked both the standard android messaging app and the Verizon message app and neither appears to recognize my group contacts or be able to send a group text.

0 Likes
bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

My group was imported from my Hotmail account. I can see it in my contacts but the messaging apps don't see it as an available contact.

0 Likes
bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK...I see how you are doing that now. That at least gets me to where I can send a group text. Would be nice if there was a select all option...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, that would make more sense - have them all checked by default and then you can uncheck as needed...but it's a step closer than having to enter each one, and it's "savable".

Other apps may give you better group options.

bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Appreciate the assistance!

bwoolard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you say the check boxes were savable or will I need to select every time?

0 Likes