Re: How do I block text messages using message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your valuavle feedback. This has been lifted to the proper team. Any updates will be posted, and availible. I hope this helps. -AlbertP_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mkolber, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Receiving unwanted/unsolicited text messages to your mobile number can be quite annoying and we apologize for your inconvenience. The good news is that Verizon has available options in place to help you avoid receiving unwanted text messages (e.g. from Message +, etc.), calls, and emails. You can review more information about these options at http://spr.ly/66051ewhd. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
altoflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, but the problem with that is you have to type in the numbers by hand in order to block them. You should have an option available in message+ that allows us to just block them right then and there.

altoflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I agree. In the same way that ISP's with email service detect and block spam, so should the cell carriers. You all at Verizon could consult with the ISPs to see what their procedures are. The fast-fluxing phone numbers make it impossible for us, as consumers, to block every number. Ergo, it is something you should be looking into doing as part of the service provided to us.

altoflyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and when I say "You all at Verizon ..." I don't mean you, ilikebells, but the Verizon staff who monitor these threads. 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@altoflyer It's important to us that you know what options you have for reporting any spam text messages. You can forward spam texts to 7726 (SPAM) to help identify and prevent future occurrences.

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
JediSQL
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took me a while, but I found something somewhat useful.
If you long press the offending message, one of the choices is "Report Spam."
I tried that, and it said it was reported and deleted the message.
Much easier than trying to forward it to a number not in your contacts.

magical_af
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is there not a way to block numbers from the app? Seems like that should be a standard feature and is really annoying especially if that number is not already in my phone. The only way I've found is to call the number and then block it. You need to add this feature. Seems like a no brainier.

pvnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, 

what if they are coming from an email address?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pvnut, receiving unwanted and unsolicited text messages, emails, and calls can be quite annoying, and we apologize for your inconvenience. The good news is that Verizon offers several blocking options to assist you. Check them out on our website at http://spr.ly/66021WjIy. I'm confident that this information will be helpful to you.- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes