Re: How do I block text messages using message+?
surfdog1996

Samsung Galaxy Phone. I added the message number to my contacts and named it spam (you can name it anything). I then went into contacts and blocked the number. It said calls and messages will be blocked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

surfdog1996, we appreciate your assistance. Here's another option to block unwanted text messages from certain phone numbers: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
rchazemir
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no forward capability in Message Plus where you can enter 7726. It comes up with 1 and you cannot enter any other numbers.  Also the copy paste function doesn't work to copy into another text to send to that number.  I have to send a separate text to 7726 and enter the number but no the spam text itself.  The solution at the local verizon store was to get a new phone number.  But she couldn't guarantee that that new number would not experience the same thing.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of stopping spam messages as fast as possible. Please tap and hold on the message received and select mark as spam from the drop down menu. Additional information in the link below.  

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

MariaV_VZW

Tsavo01

Call Filter not a viable option. I had it for about a year then dropped it. It was great for about two months then it let over 75% of spam thru and blocked NO text spam. 

0 Likes
Annie31
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, the link you sent for blocking messages states "You can block calls and messages from up to 5 numbers in My Verizon for no charge. These blocks will expire after 90 days." If that's not the case, Verizon should clarify.

There's no reason that your customers should be forced to spend their time figuring out how your complicated blocking process works.

The solution is obvious and simple: Add a "Block" option to the three dots menu.

I want to block numbers fairly often (your spam filters are mediocre at best), but I've never wanted to customize, schedule a new message, or send an invite. Why are these cutesy, infrequently useful options available but BLOCK isn't? Does that really make sense to you?

Annie31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried the suggestion to forward spam messages to 7726(SPAM). You texted me back asking me to provide the number. 

This is pretty ridiculous. We're not asking you for much. It's pretty basic customer service to allow the people who pay you hundreds of dollars per month to choose to block a number. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you have the best experience with us. We will use your feedback to continue improving the products we offer. The application will allow you to stop notifications from certain contacts but not block the number completely. What model is your phone as we can review any possible block options through the Contacts of the device?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
EricFromPoz
Enthusiast - Level 1

agreed.  can't up-vote this enough.  Does Verizon eat their own dog food?  I hate message+ because it's so dam SPAM friendly.  And every comment from a VZW person keep going on and on about how they are sorry for this and that they care, bla, bla, bla.  

Please just shut up and fix these very annoying issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help and fix any issues that are preventing you from getting the most from your wireless service, EricFromPoz. What issues are specifically happening in your case? ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes