How do I change default for weather information
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Droid RAZR HD.  When I access weather through Google, the information is displayed in metric units.  I have to change the display each time to get it to display the results in English units (e.g., temp in degrees F, not C).   How do I change the default so that it displays in the units I prefer?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I change default for weather information
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should remember which units you want. How strange. I tried to check my Google Now setting, but the weather card did not want to display at the moment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think allot to do with that is that Google doesn't have it Totally perfected if the OP continues having trouble you might want to try something other I use my Local weather TV station app and it Does really Well, Weather.com is good as Well and my other and useful weather app I use is MyCast weather..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you touching the information circle in the top right corner of the weather card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

I think allot to do with that is that Google doesn't have it Totally perfected if the OP continues having trouble you might want to try something other I use my Local weather TV station app and it Does really Well, Weather.com is good as Well and my other and useful weather app I use is MyCast weather..

I use both Google Now and a Weather app. One device that's not a Nexus or running a fairly stock Android doesn't always display the cards even if I had touched the notification in the notification bar.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea I've been trying out Google Now a little as well Ann  it's not to bad..  I like asking for the weather and she says it's 98 in ---- today or it's Raining in ---------- Today.. instead of putting my City i used the spaces..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SkyHawk44,

Let's get that weather widget fixed.  It is a little confusing when trying to figure out the weather in Celsius.  Are you using any other weather apps other than the stock app? Also, are all of your location services on? In regards the units, I would recommend going to the Apps Settings in your Settings menu.  I would them go the weather app and clear all data and clear the cache.  Power your phone down and restart. This should fix it.  Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is not the weather widget on the home page (the round button-that reads in F) but, rather, when I try to get information in another city using Google (e.g., hit Google button; type in Orlando weather:  this brings up Orlando weather but in Celsius)  After stabbing the temperature, it will read in F but I would like to know if there is a way to have the default in this scenario switched to English units.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear SkyHawk44,

Good afternoon. Thank you so much for clarifying. Unfortunately, when I tried to duplicate the issues, when I typed in the City name using the Google search engine, the temperture did appear in Fahrenheit. It also gave me the ability to press the C hyper link to show tempature in Celsius. Can you try tapping on the F hyper link, then search for another city in the Google search engine. Let us know if this has defulted Google Temps to Fahrenheit.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SkyHawk44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your assistance. I tried what you asked but each time I enter another city (after tapping to change to F), it drops back to Celsius.

Peter

0 Likes