How do I clear a text notification that won't go away?
recess73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a ghost text notification I can't clear. I've tried to soft restart - notification goes away until a new txt comes in & then it's there again. I've tried to clear data & clear the cache, but the ghost text notification is still there. I'm at a loss .. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! -- thanks!! -- ps .. phone is a DROID MAXX

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ghost Text .. I have a ghost text notification I can't clear
recess73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately the only way I could get this to clear was to delete all my texts -- even the ones that I had wanted to save. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , but it was the only way & at least I didn't have to do a hard reboot as that was going to be my next step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
recess73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately the only way I could get this to clear was to delete all my texts -- even the ones that I had wanted to save. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , but it was the only way & at least I didn't have to do a hard reboot as that was going to be my next step.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear you figured out a resolution.  This won't restore the texts you lost and hopefully you won't have to delete all your texts again, but you might want to try one of the text backup apps in the Play Store, like SMS Backup and Restore, so that you won't lose your texts in the future.

0 Likes