How do I connect to visual voice mail?
Janeinpa

i have basic visual voice mail and it's been draining my battery.  If I have data turned off, the visual voice mail keeps popping up and saying it can't connect, even when I'm in wifi.  I also don't have any voice mails so there's no reason to connect.  How do I fix this?  Is there an alternate app that works better?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual voice mail keeps saying can't connect
Snn5
Legend

If you keep your data off, then VVM is not a good system to use.  It requires mobile data.  It checks for new messages or to make sure it is on the network constantly.  Even if you turn data on once in a while and back off you will still get the notification.  WiFi has no bearing on the feature.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you keep your data off, then VVM is not a good system to use.  It requires mobile data.  It checks for new messages or to make sure it is on the network constantly.  Even if you turn data on once in a while and back off you will still get the notification.  WiFi has no bearing on the feature.

IvyOnyx79

how can we shut off visual voice mail.  I do not get notifications of my voicemails ever because it cannot connect to visual voice mail.  I do not WANT video voicemail.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with the Visual Voicemail. We know it's vital that all your services work as expected, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes