How do I copy and paste portions of text messages?
Sauragal
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do i copy and paste portions of text messages to put in other text messages?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: copy and paste portions of text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the message, and long press some of the actual text in the message you want to copy/paste.  If you want to send the whole message, just use the Forward option when you long press the message in the list.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try long pressing the text to select it and then use the floating dialog to copy to the clipboard.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sauragal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I tried that but I only get a box over the text dialog telling me the details of the message. That happens every time I long press. I don't ever get a floating dialog.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sauragal, I can see how it can be important to be able to copy a portion of a text message and paste it into another. I myself have to do this from time to time as well. To better assist please provide the make and model phone you have as well as are you using the stock messaging application that came on the phone? Does it say messages or Verizon messages?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sauragal
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a Motorola Droid Turbo. Version 5.1. The messaging app just says messages, not verizon messages.

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sauragal, thanks so much for confirming. We are few steps away to getting down to the bottom of this. Has this ever worked before? Are you able to copy and paste text from elsewhere like a page from the browser? I just would like to double check are you using the red icon with the white text bubbles?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sauragal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi sorry it took so long to get back with you - we had a power outage. I remember it worked once a long time ago, like last summer. Now anytime I long press on a text message I get a white box on top of the text content that says Message details, Type, To, Priority, Sent, Cause Code. I've never tried to copy and paste from the browser. I've never seen a red icon with white text bubbles.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I don't get those same options when I long press a text message on my Motorola phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the message, and long press some of the actual text in the message you want to copy/paste.  If you want to send the whole message, just use the Forward option when you long press the message in the list.

0 Likes
Sauragal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok that works for me! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes