How do I delete old voice messages?
fishnfowl

How can I deleting old voice messages on my Driod Maxx phone? Is there anyway other than one at a time?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: deleting old voice messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using the old basic voicemail (dial in with *86) the only way to delete is one at a time.  Fortunately, you can press "7" during the playback to delete (it will say "Message erased, next voice message", then begin playing the next one, at which time yo can press "7" again to delete that message.

With basic, you don't have room for more than about 15-20 messages anyway, so although it's tedious, it should take you only a few minutes to delete all of the old messages.

If you have visual voicemail, you can just tap and delete each one in a second or two.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using the old basic voicemail (dial in with *86) the only way to delete is one at a time.  Fortunately, you can press "7" during the playback to delete (it will say "Message erased, next voice message", then begin playing the next one, at which time yo can press "7" again to delete that message.

With basic, you don't have room for more than about 15-20 messages anyway, so although it's tedious, it should take you only a few minutes to delete all of the old messages.

If you have visual voicemail, you can just tap and delete each one in a second or two.

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete old voice messages?
pwr484

Actually, I have deleted all my messages but callers who want to leave me a message are informed that my mail box is full?

0 Likes
pwr484

Why does my phone tell callers who are trying to leave me a message that my mail box is full, when it actually shows no new messages!

0 Likes