How do I disable Visual Voice Mail on my Droid turbo?
erdocos

Icon to disable is grayed out under Settings > Apps > Voicemail .... Please help!!! 🙂 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I disable Visual Voicemail in my Droid turbo?
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Well, as long as Youmail works for you then that's fine. You can have them block the VM feature by calling them. I've used Visual Voicemail on my HTC One M8 and Galaxy S6 as well, it has yet to fail me......

Just be careful with any 3rd party app, as if it ceases to work or fails you in some capacity Verizon cannot fix Youmail for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Droid Turbo myself, why? You don't like Visual VM?

It's a preset feature that you cannot disable yourself. You can call Verizon and have them block Visual VM for you. But then you have to dial *86 to access your voicemail which I find inconvenient. It doesn't cost anything extra for Basic, but if you want to stick old school go ahead.....

0 Likes
erdocos

It's not that I don't like it - I was using a 3rd party app called Youmail before and I wanted to keep using it.  I upgraded to the Droid Turbo from the HTCM7 and it kept popping up so I clicked it thinking I could disable it later but now I can't!! lol.  I may just stick with it - if you say its good ....

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Well, as long as Youmail works for you then that's fine. You can have them block the VM feature by calling them. I've used Visual Voicemail on my HTC One M8 and Galaxy S6 as well, it has yet to fail me......

Just be careful with any 3rd party app, as if it ceases to work or fails you in some capacity Verizon cannot fix Youmail for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
erdocos,

You no further help is here! You are unable to disable visual voice mail on your phone. Are you having issue with it? I'm here if you need assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes