How do I fix my Droid Maxx from randomly changing the date and time?
lajones64

My Droid Maxx keeps changing the date and time.  I went to Verizon today, in the middle of a snow storm, and I was told it was set to Global,  He changed it to LTE and it was fin until I got home.  It switches back and forth from correct date and time to Jan. 15.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I fix my Droid Maxx from randomly changing the date and time?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lajones64,

Let's get this time and date under control! Is your Date and Time settings set to "Automatic date & time"? Is the correct time zone set? Settings>Date & Time.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
perizi

I have also had this issue with 4s over last 2 months randomly changing date and time as well as not receiving texts from new iphones and other text get placed to date of 2013  REALLY FRUSTRATING!! In a last ditch effort I updated to latest ios and still issues, Went in to verizon to get support, they updated the firmware.. notta! I went and upgraded to 5s 32gb.. and I just thought I was frustrated!! This phone is doing the same thing with time date! not sure about texts but will update if so! After research I noticed that complaints date back to 2012! REALLY! Well Verizon you have a SERIOUS NETWORK ISSUE, I wil be requesting credit for service outages as this has caused much grief! I pay my bill!!  I WANT MY SERVICE!! Not just sell me a new phone!!!

0 Likes
brosieg

Yes.  I am having the same problem, only right now it is with the ringer setting.  I keep having to reset, reboot, etc. to get my ringer volume to stay 'on'.  It keeps setting itself to silent on its own!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@perizi,

Having the correct date and time on your phone is definitely a must! Let's get to the bottom of this.

Are you noticing the incorrect date and time on your 5S after accessing certain functions or apps on the phone? Does it go back to the correct date on its own?

Make sure you check the time zone settings on the phone are correct. Are you using a network extender? If so, turn off the network extender or move out of range of the network extender. Then reset the network settings on your phone http://vz.to/1jpC7LO. Test it out and keep me posted.

You also mentioned services outage. Please provide details of what's going on so I may better assist.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brosieg, I know how frustrating it is to have your settings change on you. Let's see if we can find what's causing this. Do you notice if the ringer changes on certain days, or around the same times? What is the make and model of your phone?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes