How do I fix my Netflix App?
Txpayne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just updated my droid turbo 2 last night to 25.11.10.en.us, and now my Netflix app doesn't start up. I even tried resetting my phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling netflix. Does anyone know a solution?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid turbo 2 update broke Netflix app
Nliesing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a fix that someone posted on another forum regarding getting Netflix to work after the 7.0 upgrade.  I tried it and it works.

Force close Netflix, clear just the cache in the app storage, and open up Netflix.  Netflix then crashes with an error code to restart the device.

Restart the device.

Open up Netflix, and the error will come up again.  Hit OK and reopen Netflix again.  Keep hitting OK and re-opening Netflix, and the app eventually starts normally.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ndea25

When I saw your post, I checked my Netflix.  It isn't working either. Not only that, this update seemed to make my phone slower and it's harder to read the notifications which now are all white with tiny icons. Verizon, please help with these issues. I'd like to go back to before the update if I could. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ndea25

That stinks. I wonder what else this update messed up.

0 Likes
Nliesing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem after receiving the Nougat update on my Turbo 2.

0 Likes
LINEQUEENBEE

My Netflix will play on cell but no longer will cast to my chromecast

0 Likes
SILLYRETTA

My Hulu quit  will Verizon help?

0 Likes
LINEQUEENBEE

finally got it to work, uninstalled and reinstalled google home app that governs the chromecast

0 Likes
Nliesing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a fix that someone posted on another forum regarding getting Netflix to work after the 7.0 upgrade.  I tried it and it works.

Force close Netflix, clear just the cache in the app storage, and open up Netflix.  Netflix then crashes with an error code to restart the device.

Restart the device.

Open up Netflix, and the error will come up again.  Hit OK and reopen Netflix again.  Keep hitting OK and re-opening Netflix, and the app eventually starts normally.

0 Likes
ndea25

I just tried it (without restarting my phone) and it worked.  Thank you.  I just wish the update hadn't made my phone so slow.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes