How do I fix the wi-fi issues that have been occurring since I updated?
HOWMAY50

My phone recently did a dance where it was on then off then on wifi about 10 times over the course of a few minutes. I turned wifi of and turned it back on and it connected fine. I'm also having a persistent issue where my SmartThings app no longer works as a sensor that indicates when I'm home. It worked fine until immediately after the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone else having wifi and other issues after upgrading to 24.91.5.quark?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest removing the wifi connection, reboot and set the wifi connection up from scratch again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HOWMAY50-

Yikes, 10 times is quite some time to jump on and off the wifi. We are on the scene and eager to help. When did you complete the update to your phone? Are you still experiencing the issue where the phone disconnects (you previously mentioned that it did eventually connect)? Can you tell me more about the SmartThings App issue that you're having, is your application up to date?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HOWMAY50

I am still having the issue. After further evaluation, it looks like the

SmartThings issue is related to the wifi issue. So, if we solve the wifi

problem, the other should also get resolved.

I upgraded on the evening of March 7th. Basically, whenever I first get in

to range of the wifi it will attempt to connect. It will usually connect to

the wifi, but say there is no internet connection. Then within a minute or

so, it will disconnect from the wifi and then try again. Sometimes it will

connect successfully after only a couple of attempts, but others it will

take many attempts. One it is connected successfully (with internet access

through the wifi) it will then stay connected just fine.

I have other devices on this wifi and they aren't having this issue. Also

this issue started happening immediately after the upgrade was complete.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help solve

this.

Thanks.

On Mar 12, 2017 8:10 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest removing the wifi connection, reboot and set the wifi connection up from scratch again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheLioness22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having WiFi issues, but there are definitely other issues that have started happening on my phone with this update.  I can no longer use the Android share function to share content to other apps.  On attempts to do so, the Android System UI crashes.  Additionally, attempts to email something from an app also crashes the Android System UI.  This is extremely frustrating as these are core, critical functionalities.  I have tried clearing the system cache to no avail.  Last resort is a factory reset, but this seems drastic considering this was supposed to be a minor security update.  Any help here would be appreciated.

0 Likes
pgto

The "other issue" I'm having with 24.91.5 update is that my smart watch app is no longer allowed to communicate with my smart watch. The app no longer finds the Bluetooth of the watch. I checked settings on the phone, I think it is ok. I checked the watch with a different phone, it is fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing this or did Verizon's update just make my watch worthless?

I did reinstall the app, restart the phone and the watch.

0 Likes
HOWMAY50

This seems to have helped. Thanks!

0 Likes