How do I fix wi-fi connection issues?
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since the system update that was pushed to my Droid Maxx on 11/5/15 it will not connect 2.4 ghz network, It will not even sow them available sitting 2 feet from the router. I did finally get it to connect to the 5 ghz using WiFi direct, but the connection is very erratic. I looked through the support section and tried turning off the "DayDream" as suggested and it did not help. I did find out that turning off the Bluetooth makes the WiFi work properly, but that basically makes the phone useless. It is strange I got a call about a week before this update trying to get me to upgrade my phone, which I declined and told them to never call me again, and then this update gets pushed to my phone that makes it virtually useless. What do I need to do to be able to use WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time. I have rebooted my phone, multiple times, my router has been rebooted and connects to all my other devices with no issues, including 2 other Verizon phones. My phone worked with no issues at all before the system update that was pushed to it on 11/5/15,

Droid Maxx

Android version 4.4.4

System version 24.13.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx WiFi connection issues
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well for some strange reason the WiFi on my phone started to function again with the Bluetooth turned on. I did see a notification that some apps were updated, but did not even pay any mind to it to see which ones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone found a fix to this issue or am I stuck like other that I have read having to just upgrade my phone? There is just no reason I should have to use up data while here at my house sitting 10 feet from my router having to use a 3G connection.

Is there a trick here to get Verizon Support to reply to a post?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your phone is having issues after your software update RonnieT. I know this is frustrating but we are here to help. Here isa  link to our repair assistant. This will help with your issues http://vz.to/1QKV0u9 . Keep us posted .

KVZWVZWaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your questioc�CorrectcAnswer�t t Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the repair assistant before coming to this forum and it did nothing for my issue. as I stated in my original post it is not an issue with my router and I have rebooted my phone. My phone connected flawlessly for almost 2 years to the same router with no issues up until the day the update was pushed to my phone, which I did not have an option to no accept, the other 2 Verizon phones in my home connect with no issues. This is not only an issue with connecting at my home, but to any wifi network.

0 Likes
reijgers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ronie. Looks like Verizon has given up on this phone. Witness the lackluster CR response to this issue, that with the lack of a lollipop up-grade. I'm like you and really don't want to ditch this phone, but it looks like we're dealing with planed obsolescence here. If you come across a permanent solution, and not I'm talking about some work around, please post it. Thanks

0 Likes
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea and what is bad my phone work perfect until the system upgrade they pushed out a few weeks ago. why push out a system update and then not give any support when it makes the phone totally useless, almost seems to me like it was just sent to force phone and plan upgrades, I am on a old plan that is no longer offered. Now I am waiting on a system upgrade to be pushed to my wife's phone that is on the same old plan and upgrade eligible also.

0 Likes
RonnieT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well for some strange reason the WiFi on my phone started to function again with the Bluetooth turned on. I did see a notification that some apps were updated, but did not even pay any mind to it to see which ones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RonnieT, we are not giving up on this issue and our goal is that you have a fully working device. Let's continue working on this and look into this deeper. Have you backed up your data and completed a factory reset on your device?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reijgers
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ronnie_T.  Nice! I too had severalappss updating, alas the problem persists for me. BTW you can see which apps updated recently in the Android play store.

Right now I suspecting a hardware issue, I've had WiFi issues with this device for a while now, non this severe, where WiFi would occasionally lock up. A simple turning WiFi off and back would resolve it. I'm seriously considering the Droid maxx turbo 2 upgrade offer Verizon is running right now.

0 Likes