How do I get my Droid Turbo to ignore Do Not Disturb settings for specific events?
EBC5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Marshmallow update, the Do Not Disturb feature gets activated with every event. How do I edit an event to have it ignore this feature?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get Droid Turbo Marshmallow to ignore Do Not Disturb setting for specific events?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Sounds & Notification > Do Not Disturb > Automatic Rules > Event > turn it off if you don't want Do Not Disturb activated for any event.  Otherwise, change the rule to suit your preferences.

For an individual Event on your calendar, ensure it's set to Available rather than Busy.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I get Droid Turbo Marshmallow to ignore Do Not Disturb setting for specific events?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Sounds & Notification > Do Not Disturb > Automatic Rules > Event > turn it off if you don't want Do Not Disturb activated for any event.  Otherwise, change the rule to suit your preferences.

For an individual Event on your calendar, ensure it's set to Available rather than Busy.

0 Likes
davidecrawford

Since Marshmallow was pushed to my Droid Turbo, my overnight alarm and Vz messenger sounds are erratic and unpredictable, and mostly silent, after the phone display has turned itself off and the phone is not on the charger, regardless of system settings.  The Do Not Disturb setting under sound events is turned off already.  As soon as the display is turned back on, the alarm then immediately goes off regardless of how long it had been since the alarm was supposed to go off.  When the charger is connected, alarms sound on their proper schedule.  I've tried multiple alarm apps and the symptoms are the same.  I'd rather not leave the phone on the charger since it creates radio frequency interference when charging, and I sleep with an AM radio in my ear all night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand not wanting to leave the phone on the charger, davidecrawford. This change would certainly frustrate me.

For the messages, please try going to Message+ > Menu> Settings> Enable Pop-Up> Enable Pop-Up Over Lock Screen. As for the alarm, are you using the default alarm application on your phone, or only third party ones? I would recommend deleting third party alarms, restart your phone, and then try setting the normal alarm again- to see if it sounds when and as it's supposed to.

Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes