How do I get my SIM card unlocked?
bdlaurain

My contract is up in November 2016 and I want to have my SIM card unlocked so I can use my phone on a different carrier.  What is the procedure for getting this done?  Do I need to call someone, or is there an online request form I can submit to get this done?  What actions are required by me the user to implement this unlock?  Or is it done automatically?  This is for a Droid Turbo if that matters.  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to get my SIM card unlocked after my contract is up
Weth
Legend

Verizon phones are already unlocked.  You don't need to do anything. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon phones are already unlocked.  You don't need to do anything. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bdlaurain,

I'd be upset to see you go anywhere else. What seems to be going on if you don't mind me asking? Now all our 4G devices do come unlocked as Weth mentioned.

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

My contract is up too and I'm curious as well. While the Turbos are sold as unlocked...are the phones prevented from using GSM bands in the USA (lightly locked I guess)? Would there need to be a modification done, once out of contract to enable those bands? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is no modification that can be done if the phone is not built to support certain LTE bands. This is not locking if it doesn't support the correct bands.

The Droid Turbo supports the following:

CELLULAR

• CDMA:
    • 800, 1900 MHz
  • GSM:
    • 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • UMTS:
    • 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
  • LTE (FDD):
    • Bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 13

So you can use the phone on any GSM network and it will work up to HSPA speeds.

For LTE Verizon uses the main band of 13 with secondary bands 4, and 2

AT&T uses main band of 17 (not supported with this phone) and secondary 2,4,5

Tmobile uses primary Bands of 12 and 4, so only partially supported.

In summary, you can use this phone on Tmobile and ATT network but you will not get LTE all the time since not all bands are supported. You will get HSPA, which is a good connection speed.

0 Likes
lunarzane

Is this stil true that my phone is already unlocked? (Thread is a few years old.)

I have an iPhone SE

I am switching to Verizon through Spectrum as a trial and have to intall new sim card.

Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes